This article is a go-to guide on how to start a blog in a right way with each step being elaborately explained, so no matter whether you are a pro or just a beginner this comprehensive guide will cater all. This process is pretty simple however if you still needs help feel free to Click Here.
Steps Involved To Start a Blog:
- Choose your blogging platform
- Choose a domain name and web hosting
- Install WordPress
- Customize and edit your blog
- Adding new pages and post
- The Final Chapter !!
Step 1: Choosing your blogging platform
In this tutorial, we are going to use WordPress as a blogging platform.
There are plenty of blogging platforms you can go with. Common choices being Blogspot, Tumblr, Joomla, and Drupal, yet the most popular platform on the Web with over 65 million sites is WordPress and its share of the market keeps growing.Just think why? or else see few listed below.
- WordPress is an open-source platform, which makes it free for everyone
- Largest collection of both free and paid themes, plugins and add-ons
- Monthly security updates to keep everything sound and safe
- Easy to setup and create contents with interface based easy customization.
Since we have already chosen the best blogging platform, now let’s get started with the next step.
Step 2: Choosing a domain name and a web hosting service
Don’t worry, nothing technical up here yet. This Step is further split into two parts:
- What is a domain name ?
- What is a web hosting service ?
What is a domain name ?
A domain name is what people type to get to your blog like www.yourblog.com by which people can find your blog, it’s unique like your residential address. Although you can always opt for a free domain like www.yourblog.wordpress.com or www.yourblog.blogspot.com but for wide exposure and to get well established it’s always recommended to buy one instead. Moreover buying and hosting a domain is not that expensive and you can also monetize your contents.
Tips for choosing a good domain name:
- A good domain should always be short and relevant to your blog
- Should always avoid using special characters like www.your-blog.com
- Should always be well syllable
What is web hosting service ?
Web hosting service is basically the memory of your blog where all contents of your blog are stored. Remember domain name is worthless without a valid web hosting service, like a computer without a hard disk. By the way, web hosting is cheaper than your daily dose of snacks at Starbucks or McDonalds and believe me that small investment completely worth for your blog’s success.
There are millions of ICANN approved domain registrar and web hosting service provider around the globe you probably have had stumbled over one or two. Procedures and technicalities for buying a domain name and web hosting are roughly same for all registrars but we only recommend products that we use personally and believe will add value to our readers.
Steps to buy Domain and Hosting:
- Click Here to open HostGator in a new window and follow along. Here you’ll find three plans assuming you to be beginner click <Sign Up now!> under the <Hatchling plan> column.
- Next, under <Choose a Domain> tab you’ll be prompted to enter the domain name you wished for your blog, check if it’s available or chooses a different name or extension like if www.yourblog.com is unavailable, so you can always opt for www.yourblog.net or other.
- Now under <Choose a hosting plan> tab fill out the details asked for that includes plan type, tenure, user name and security PIN.
**Remember longer the tenure period you choose cheaper the price you pay.
- Under <Enter Your Billing Info> tab fill out all the details as instructed.
- Uncheck all the boxes under <Add Additional Services> tab since those will only add burden to your budget.
- Under <Enter a Coupon Code> use EXYNOX to get up to 60% guaranteed discounts on total bill.
- Review your order details and check the terms and condition box below
- Finally click the <Checkout Now!> button at the end to complete your order.
Yay !! We are almost halfway there. Few more steps to go >>> Click next page to continue…..