Step 3: Installing WordPress
It’s pretty easy, just bear with us and follow the leads below:
- After successful completion of Step 2, you will receive a reference mail from HostGator with login credentials that include control panel URL, username, and password.
- Click the login URL you have received in the mail, this will take you to control panel login area.
- Enter the username and password you have received in the reference mail from HostGator and click the login button.
- On the next screen scroll down and click on QuickInstall icon.
- On the next screen hover over to Install WordPress and click.
- Click Install WordPress Button on the next screen.
- On the next screen fill out the form to get started with your WordPress installation
- In the first box enter your blog’s domain name like yourblog.com and keep the other box by its side empty.
- Under Admin Email box, enter your email id and under Blog Title box, enter your blog name.
** Remember Admin Email will be used as login reference for your WordPress blog. Blog name can always be changed.
- Enter Admin User, this is the username that will be used during logging into your WordPress blog. And then enter your First and Last name in the respective boxes.
- Finally, click green color install button to finish the installation.
- An orange color box will appear that shows <Your install is complete>. Now hover over to View Credentials to see your WordPress login credentials that include login URL, username, and password
- Click on the URL and enter details to login into WordPress dashboard.
Almost Done. Click next page to continue…..